Thursday, August 30, 2012

More Bulkheads!




Been working on the stringers this week. Decided to add the bulkhead 1A in this hull as will have one less stringer than the starboard hull due to all the bulkheads in the aft part of the hull. The starboard hull has one extra than designed due to the (I felt) wide bulkhead spacing. Also did all the sail locker floor framing as it was a hassle to do after the planking was on.




Got my 22 sheets of Joubert yesterday and it even didn't rain yesterday afternoon so I could get it all inside dry. I ended up putting it inside the house with some of my other ply to keep the moisture content down. We have been getting tons of rain the last several weeks, but things should be drying out in the next month or so.

2 comments:

  1. Again, I am most impressed by the progress you are making, even though it seems that somee of the time you are working on other boats as well as this one.

    Thanks for keeping us updated, I have been thinking about making a plywood catamaran myself so it is good to see that at least some of these projects do progress well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I sometimes really freak myself out looking at other people blogs. 5 years to build a Tiki 26, 10 + years for a Marples Tri, etc. There is still a massive amount to go, but with steady work and good health; I'm relatively confident about a launch in the secon half of next year.
    cheers,
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete