Friday, March 30, 2012

One Go

I had long hoped to glass the outboard hull side with one piece of cloth. The stuff I have is 72 inches or about 1.8m wide so will reach clear from the sheer around the bilge panel and to about the centerline of the bottom. The main motivation for this was to avoid joints in the glass work that would require lots of fairing and sanding and still likely show somewhat. I actually don't plan to do all that much fairing and having a long consistent panel will look better than one with lots of filler here and there.
So here it is! Can it be done??

Quick lunch break! I started with about 8 feet amidships then worked the section in front of that and the section behind. Then the bow section and last the stern. With the Raka Tropical hardener I was able to keep a wet edge and the middle was just starting to harden when I finished the aft section.

No comments:

Post a Comment