Friday, December 30, 2011

Bulkheads: (continued)

Took a few day holiday after Christmas to visit my parents and check out the Saturn Hans is building in Punta Gorda. Hans is quite an experienced multi-hull builder and seem quite impressed with the Vardo drawings I showed him.

The weather is quite good for the next few days and I'm hoping to get the rest of the starboard hull bulkheads done this weekend.




In the foreground is bulkhead #3.5 and in the background #5. Note the areas not coated in #5 will be the cutout into the berth. #3.5 is notched to accept the bridgedeck on the inboard side and will later have the mast beam jointed up to it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Iám the other plan buyer of the vardo.
    I will visit your blog many times and when I get started this year I think that I also start a blog. I cann't start now because it is winter time here ( Netherlands )and have to build outsite.Wish you a the best luck with the vardo project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, hope you keep in touch vardo. I figure you boat is sail #1 and mine #2. Try to get the bulkheads started in your garage or somewhere indoors. They fit thru standard size doors complete and you will save yourself close to 2 solid weeks of work later one when the weather's good. Richard has drawn a starboard forward bunk for me and I'm thinking of maybe putting the head aft in the port hull and master berth forward, but building starboard hull first.

    ReplyDelete