Thursday, March 14, 2013

Big Beam Little Beam

Here is a pic of the mast beam with the "king plank" fitted which will join the 2 bridgedeck pieces and form a slight "V" shape to the underside. Richard and I went back and forth on this as I was doubtful 1.5 degree deadrise would make much of a difference. In the end, for a variety of reasons I decided to go with the V shape. I call it the king plank since I don't know the technical term for the center of the bridgedeck timber thingy and it does end up bearing some similarity to the namesake in a teak deck.

I had big plans to deck the starboard hull this week then realized I'd need to complete the mast beam reinforcements. After dry fitting the mast beam, I then realized how hard it was to move around and how nice it was to get it out of the floor space. Of course it does restrict the walkway a bit, you have to duck under the other beams anyway and this one is so low there is no chance of hitting you head on it.

. Naturally, I then rememembered that my little aft bridgedeck "mini" was not yet finished! So another day was spent doing something else but the decks. Maybe next week; I just need to do....... First!

No comments:

Post a Comment