Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Work Continues

The Searunner project is mostly complete so I should have a bit of time to putter on the Vardo prior to joining the family in Michigan for the second part of July.  I have managed to get a few photos up off my camera as the Ipad did a pretty poor job with that galley pic and Abby has it with her.

I coated the inside of the hull with a heavy coat of primer in the area below the sail locker floor over the weekend.  I also got most of the bottom to bilge planks glassed.  The sail locker floor is now fitted and will receive some paint and then a 6" access port to inspect and dry out any moisture that accumulates over time.  My plan is to keep that port off most the time and only close when heading offshore.  I've also drilled small 1/16" holes in these when used in dinghy to help with a small amount of air exchange.  Never had moisture in the dinghys that were done like this. 

Next comes the forward bunk base and the cabin sole in the galley area.  Still deciding whether to glass the sole in permanent or make removable?

No comments:

Post a Comment