Friday, January 6, 2012

3D

Despite the cool weather, I have managed to make some progress this week. I still have to remake bulkhead #3 seen in the left of this picture, but should have good warm weather for that the next few days. Think I'll just go with the marine fir I have as that is what bulkhead #1 and 2 are.
It's exciting to get some pieces actually into place and not just lying around or leaning against the walls. After I get bulkhead #3 remade, I will get the rest setup and start fitting the stringers. I need to scarf up some suitable timber for the gunwales and the inboard wing stringer. On the upside, the gunwale on the inboard side is broken at the bridgedeck so no need for scarfing on that side.

I'm also a bit concerned about the spacing between bulkheads #1 and #2. It seems to me this part of the boat will take quite a bit of bashing and I think I may add another partial bulkhead below the sail locker floor or a large backbone type piece.

2 comments:

  1. hello, I haven't seen anny drawing but I should go for a supporting bulkhead .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard drew up a 1A bulkhead for midway between 1 and 2. Will put that in after the chine glassing. One reason it is so noticeable is that I have the extra bulkhead in this hull so the spacings just aft of #2 are only around 1100mm. In the standard layout they are more like 1500 which I think is a bit marginal. Anyway, I have a lot of stringers in this week and all bulkheads setup. Will get some new photos up in next few days.

      Delete